Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Air Moving


This next tune is a beautiful tune written and played by Kathryn Tickell on the Northumbrian smallpipes.
I would call it an air I think. I first heard it on a video I saw on line, of her and her band playing the tune live. You can watch it here: ( the music starts about 4 minutes into the clip)
I have written it out in the key of D, so I could learn it on my D whistle...
This is a bare bones transcription, without all of the pipe ornamentation, which Kathryn uses in the tune. (Mainly, because I am new to the whistle and don't have a lifetime to figure out what she is doing.)

Thanks again to Kathryn for permission to post the tune.
(copyright Parkwest Music)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The abc:

X: 1
T:Air Moving
M:3/4
L:1/8
C:Katheryn Tickell
S:copyright ParkWest Music
R:Air
K:D
c|:"D"d3 c B2|A3 G F2 | "G" A3 G FG|"A" E4 c2|!
"D"d3 c B2|A3 G F2 |"G" A6-|"A" A4 c2 |!
"D" d3 c B2|A3 G F2 | "G" A3 G FG|"A" E4 (3AGE |!
"Em" F3E D2|"G" c3 B A2 |"Em" G6-|[1 G4 c2 :|G4 f2 ||!
|: "G" g4 d2 | g4 a2 |"F#m7" f3 e d2|[1 "A" c2 d2 f2|!
"G" g4 d2 | g4 a2 |"Bm" f3 e df | "A"e4 f2 :|!
[2 "A," d2 f2 c2 |"G" d3 c B2| "Bm"A3 G FG|"A" E6-|E4 c2 ||

No comments:

Post a Comment